Granary Cottage - Trenchard Farm
Granary Cottage is a 3 storey building situated at Trenchard Farm. It is located in Mid Devon. The following statement is a summary of our provision, Please call us if you need any further information.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please book via telephone or email. Information can be found on our website:www.trenchardfarm.co.uk.
- Eggesford Station is 1 mile from the cottage, this is the branch line between Exeter and Barnstaple. Lifts can be arranged to and from the station. Local taxi firm. Nearest bus stop 3 miles.
- Best that you let us know your ETA
- Direction from M5 and Eggesford Station on website.
- On arriving at farm, follow sign to Granary Cottage/Trenchard Farm House and we will direct you to parking area.
- Designated cottage car park with ample parking.
- Unloading can be done outside farmhouse, which is down 2 steps, 26cms deep, across hard surface to cottage entrance or from cottage car park which is up slope on stone path, short gravel path alongside cottage, small step, 10cms, leading under archway, 120cms wide, to cottage entrance. We can offer guests help with luggage
- Will meet you on arrival and show you around property and answer any questions
- Light is provided by movement sensor lights.
- The front door is 66cm wide but 2nd door can be open doubling the width. Small step, 17cm. Main entrance leads into large entrance hall, slate floor.
- Consist of shower room, bathroom and twin bedroom all leading of the entrance hall.
- Shower room door is 88cm wide. Two steps, to shower, 18cms and 10cms. Toilet 38cms. Stone tiled floor.
- Step down to bathroom, 10cm, bath, 54cm. Handrail on bath. Walk in shower, entrance 55cm wide. Tiled floor to shower. Toilet, 44cm. Wooden pine floor to bathroom.
- Twin room, carpeted, door 86cms. Beds, 54cms high.
- Washing machine, 2 nd fridge / freezer on ground floor.
- Smoke alarm at bottom of stairs
1 st Floor
- Consist of open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge .
Stairs leading to 1 st floor, coir matting. 11 steps, approx. 20cm deep. Stair width, 74cm. Rails on both sides.
- Kitchen & dining area, wooden floor
- Units, 98cms high
- Electric stove, 89cms high.
- Double Belfast sink, 96cms high, with open storage area underneath.
- Dining room table, 77cms high.
- High backed dining chairs with cushions, seat, 46cms high.
- Smoke alarm under stairs
- Entrance to lounge, 98cms wide.
- Lounge carpeted
- Settees, 40cms high.
- 1 sofa bed, settee and rocking chair.
- TV with remote control
- Open fire.
- Narrow stairs leading to gallery bedroom, 21cms deep, 60cms wide. Wooden stairs and rails. Quite steep.
- Double bed, 56cms high.
- Wooden pine floor
- Sloping eaves and beams
Outside Cottage & Garden
- Hard surface area outside cottage, slightly uneven.
- Best to access from stone path, slight slope.
- Bog garden, fills with water when rains.
- Wooden picnic bench can be moved to front entrance.
- Lawn area and small flowerbed.
Smoke alarms fitted
Would help with evacuation in event of fire. Fire exit down stone steps from 1 st floor.
Well-behaved pets allowed
Reasonable mobile reception, depending on provider.
Wifi at farmhouse
Information folder at cottage
Depart: by 10am, Arrival: 3pm onward
Open all year
Address: Trenchard Farm, Eggesford, Chulmleigh, Devon, EX18 7QY
Tel: 01363 83746 / 07725057327
Grid ref: SS 687 093